While it’s well known that essential oils can have a powerful effect on healing the physical body, not as many people are aware of the uses essential oils have for the spiritual or etheric body. As part of our energetic body, we have energy centres called Chakras. There are seven main chakras (from base to crown) and today I wanted to share a list of my favourite essential oils that you can use to nurture and open your heart chakra.
Your heart chakra is the first of the more spiritual energy centres, and one that can always do with attention. It’s located in the chest and is green in colour. It’s the energy centre related to love, acceptance, forgiveness, relationships and attachments. Just reading over that shows that most people on this planet will need to regularly cleanse and balance their heart chakra. We can never have too much love in this world!
Here is a list of essential oils to nurture the heart chakra:
- Geranium to open the heart chakra and encourage you to trust yourself and your capabilities to love and be loved unconditionally.
- Bergamot, for acceptance. Acceptance of yourself, others and situations. Acceptance means trying not to change anything, and acknowledging that things are how they are for your highest good (even if it doesn’t feel like it).
- Copaiba to guide you in forgiveness. The ability to forgive relates to loving unconditionally so it is directly connected to the heart chakra.
- Rose, the ultimate heart chakra oil, opening and expanding your chakra and saturating you in a healthy dose of LOVE. Rose essential oil is expensive and somewhat rare as it apparently it takes 10 kilos of rose petals to produce just one 5ml bottle of Rose essential oil. The first time I used Rose essential oils on my heart chakra I felt a sense of lightness in my chest and experienced prismatic visions.
- Cardamom to beat any anger or resentment. While we all experience moments of anger and usually for good reason, living like this often isn’t healthy for all four bodies. Cardamom can cool the temper and bring you back to a place of love.
- Cedarwood, for those who feel lonely even if they’re surrounded by people. Loneliness is a condition of the heart and Cedarwood can help you remember that we are all connected and ease feeling of loneliness.
These are the oils I suggest and I personally use on my heart chakra. I hope they have given you a good place to start. When I apply an oil over my heart centre, I say an affirmation. I also inhale deeply while repeating the affirmation. You can also try using your intuition when selecting an oil, and if it doesn’t seem to resonate with the heart chakra, look up it’s
properties online or in a reference book and you may find it is linked in somehow.
If you’re ready to get started on your essential oil journey and would like to join my oily tribe, this page will explain more and get you signed up and receiving the same quality essential oils that I use, at wholesale prices.
If you like the idea of aligning and balancing all of your chakras at once, check out this crystal-infused Chakra blend I created. Combining essential oils with crystals, both specific to individual chakra, makes for a powerful synergy blend. It’s so easy to include it in your morning ritual and of course it smells divine (no need for toxic perfumes!).
And don’t forget you can also download my FREE ebook Essential Oils For Your Chakras.